Select Beer Store is a purveyor of carefully selected craft beers from local, domestic and international breweries.
PHOTOS BY BEN COHEN
Select Beer Store, opened in early 2012, is a craft beer specialty store and tap room located in the idyllic Riviera Village area of South Redondo Beach, California. We continuously rotate the beers on our 18 taps and have over 500 different varieties of bottled beer in stock. Drafts are available as full pours or tasters. Bottled beers are available for on-site (with $1.50 corkage) or to go. Assemble your own mixed six pack of 12oz and 16oz domestic beers for a 10% discount.
Select Beer Store has a few snacks for sale, including nuts and chips. In addition, you are welcome to bring in your own food.
A selection of red and white wines are available to enjoy on-site, in addition to non-alcoholic root beer and ginger ales.
Must be 21 years or older to come into the shop. Thank you for respecting California law.
1613 S. Pacific Coast Hwy
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
Tu 5p-7p $1 off drafts
Wed 5p-7p no corkage fee
1613 S. Pacific Coast Highway, Redondo Beach, CA 90277
Now Hiring - Sales Associate/Beer Server
Do you love learning about beer? Do you enjoy talking with your friends about the differences between different beer styles? Do you always look at the beer list before checking out the food menu? Do you get excited about being the first to try newly released beers? If your answers are yes, we'd like to meet you. Select Beer Store is looking for part-time help. Must be friendly, with excellent customer service skills and be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about beer.
Select Beer Store is a craft beer bottle shop and tap room located in the Redondo Beach Riviera Village. We are not a typical bar or liquor store. We offer a comfortable, casual location for people to enjoy good beer, socialize, and shop. We have 18 draft beers, that change regularly, and over 500 beers in bottles. We carry a wide variety of beers from local, domestic and imported breweries. We offer customers the unique opportunity to drink beers in the store and purchase bottles to go.
We are seeking a beer expert/stock person/retail sales associate/beer server for part time work.
• Must be a Cicerone Certified Beer Server. Evidence must be presented if selected for an interview.
• Must have extensive knowledge of beer (i.e. specific beers, styles, breweries, etc.). We exclusively sell and serve craft beer and beer-related merchandise. Must be able to speak knowledgeably with our customers about the products and make suggestions for beers they may enjoy.
• Must have excellent customer service and communications skills. Customer service is the key to our success. Employees must be friendly and welcoming to ensure our customers have a positive experience and look forward to returning to the store.
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule, with ability to work day and evening shifts, weekends and holidays. Initially we are seeking help one to two shifts per week, with occasional backfill of other shifts as needed.
• Must be motivated and interested in learning about new beers.
• Must be able to obtain an ABC LEAD card and ServSafe certification within 30 days of hiring.
• Previous beer manager, beer retail, or bartending experience preferred.
• Previous experience with draft systems and draft system maintenance preferred.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Talking with customers about different beers and helping them with their selections
• Organizing products on retail shelves and in storage areas
• Entering retail sales or bar tabs in the POS system
• Pouring and serving beers from the taps or bottles
• Receiving and stocking merchandise; must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
• Conducting inventory checks
• General upkeep of the store, including maintaining the front of the store, cleaning tables, washing glasses, cleaning restrooms, sweeping and mopping, and emptying waste receptacles
Please send resumes with previous work experience to email@example.com. We will contact qualified applicants to schedule an in-person interview.
Thank you for your interest.